Dedicated Team, Software Development, Design & UX Services, Project management, Agile Project Coaching, Domain modeling, Software Architecture, Continuous Delivery, Software QA, DevOps, IT System Administration.
Education, Venture Capital
San Francisco, USA
Founder.org is a Silicon Valley venture capital fund that mentors and invests in startup companies established by young entrepreneurs from 20 of the best universities in the world, such as Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, and Cambridge. Founder.org manages over $100M to be invested in the next 10 years. It was founded by one of Silicon Valley’s veterans, Mr. Michael Baum (founder of Splunk, which had a $9.6B IPO).
Founder.org has set goals for building new startups over the next five years. Annually, they select 20 to 60 companies from all over the world to join their class and participate in intensive mentoring programs. Each year involves working with dozens of startup founders and mentors, and many business processes that connect them and support the mentoring programs. Founder.org lacked defined IT procedures and processes, and most things were done ad hoc.
Since April 2014, we have been Founder.org’s dedicated IT team, beginning with a crew of 4 full-time engineers and growing to 18. We have taken responsibility for all the software needs of the organization. WaySeven has worked to integrate all of Founder.org’s business processes in a simple and functional UX design:
- Social networking: management of user profiles (entrepreneurs, employees, mentors), and organization profiles (companies, classes, schools).
- Internal Founder.org content: forums and blogs.
- eLearning: a new mentorship training platform with quizzes, online lessons, and tests.
- Other business workflows: integration with many external tools, including Google Apps, Amazon services, Zoom, and Salesforce.
- The WaySeven Team addressed other technical aspects, like security, performance, infrastructure, maintenance, backups, scalability, and availability.
- Support Team for an average 5,000 daily users from different time zones.
Our team has helped Founder.org define and implement standardized IT processes: roughly defined > prototyped > developed > implemented > tested > deployed > configured